Become A Certified Personal Fashion Stylist
Help others feel amazing in the clothes they wear
Learn from Australia’s most experienced personal fashion stylist
with experience of over 8,000 personal consultations.
Melbourne | Sydney | Gold Coast
- Are you looking to become a personal stylist? You have a passion for fashion. You love helping people look their best. And let’s not forget: you’d love to be able to work your own hours and have a job you truly love!
- Where do you start though? Becoming a personal stylist sounds easy enough: you knock up a website, spread some business cards and before you know it, you’ve got your first couple of clients. You don’t even have to risk giving up your day job!
- That’s when the trouble starts. You get a client that doesn’t respond to anything you do.
- Turns out, she’s got major self-confidence issues. Body image problems. In a split second, you go from personal stylist to psychiatrist as you try to help this woman work through her issues. Exhausted, you end up on the couch at home thinking: “I didn’t sign up for this!”
- What if you could become a true professional in just 5 days? What if you could learn to handle everything clients throw at you in a professional manner?
- Most aspiring professional stylists have no idea what the job requires of them. We talk to tonnes of women who simply set out to become a personal stylist, but find that the job takes way more out of them then they initially thought it would.
- People come in all shapes and sizes. They have different ages, personalities, tastes, lifestyles and budgets. And then there are the self-confidence and image issues: most women that sign up for a personal styling consultation need help beyond just picking out a dress.
- It is up to YOU to make your client feel better about herself – despite her background. And here’s the good news: we can train you to do just that.
- Cindy Newstead is Australia’s most experienced personal stylist having personally carried out more than 8,000 personal stylist consultations. She is also a published Author, an NLP Mater Practitioner, Certified Colour Consultant, director of Australia’s largest personal stylist consultancy and the Professional Styling Academy. She’s a nationally recognized authority when it comes to fashion and styling appearing on Sunrise, A Current Affair, 3AW, ABC radio, Herald Sun, The Age, Currier Mail and more. She heads up her team as the official stylists for Chadstone the fashion capital and is founder and curator of her own runway that features in locations around the country. Not only that: she’s also trained hundreds of personal stylists and personal shoppers. and we’re offering YOU a spot in a course that she’ll be PERSONALLY doing.
Spend just 5 days with Cindy and she will prepare you for a career as a SUCCESSFUL personal stylist.
You won’t walk out of the course with just a pretty certification: you’ll actually know what it takes to be a personal stylist.
This is far from a correspondence course that is filled with pages of theory. For a job that is so highly visual and the need to be delicate in the way you work with your client, you just cannot succeed without hands-on training and experience.
Here’s (only some!) of what you’ll learn:
- The two most effective ways to determine your client’s body shape.
- Learn the intricacies of body features and body proportions and how they affect the rules on horizontal and vertical body shapes. (you won’t learn this in any book).
- Cindy’s simple and easy to implement process for creating a look for a client that represents them as a person.
- Learn not only professional industry secrets on dressing all body shapes and sizes but ones that Cindy has evolved over years of dressing many varied body shapes.
- Learn the simple rule that helps you to recognise the colours that suit your client.
- Age appropriate dressing is not an exact science, Cindy will step you through this mind field to give you the tools to tackle this with any client.
- Learn the tips to keep up to date with trends.
- Understand fabric textures and how to choose the right fabric for your client.
- Learn how accessories can be used for more than just finishing a look.
- Cindy’s ‘how to’ on layering.
- Cindy’s step by step process on how to carry out a Wardrobe Consultation.
- Cindy’s step by step process on the most efficient way to shop with your client.
- Cindy will help you understand the important relationship between image and self-esteem. (you will be faced with this on a daily basis).
- The client and stylist relationship, learn the simple tricks that will have your clients eating out of your hands.
- Communicating with your client, get this wrong and your consultation will fail before you even start dressing your client.
- How to start your business from scratch.
- The importance of building relationships with retailers.
Cindy’s method is proven.
Here’s what some of our graduates have to say about it:
(Click the video, you’ll love hearing what they have to say)
This is what this course will get you:
- You’ll tap into an industry leader’s experience of over 8,000 personal consultations.
- 55% of the course is hands-on experience under Cindy’s guidance with some activities in retail stores.
- Small groups, so you get maximum attention.
- Training manual.
- Certificate of completion.
- After course support with 12 month free bronze mentoring to help get you started, consisting of the following.
- 12 months Free access to our Stylist support forum where you can discuss ideas, ask questions and network with other stylists.
- 12 months Free access to Cindy’s monthly 1 hour stylist group webinar. During this hour Cindy presents a topic that will help you with your stylist career, there is time for questions and networking. You won’t feel alone in this group, it will continually inspire you and benefit your business.
We would love to have you in our course!
Schedules for our personal fashion stylist courses
5-Day Certification Course
Upcoming Course Date:
- Melbourne – 1st to 5th March 2024 (Only 1 spot left)
- Sydney – 15th to 19th March 2024 (5 spots left)
- Gold Coast – 10th to 14th Nov 2023 (Only 2 spots left)
Mentoring Programs and advance courses are available after certification (Bronze mentoring included for 1 year with the certification course)
Please Note: This is not an introductory course that only helps you understand what it takes to be a personal stylist, this course will give you that plus teach you a proven method to style clients and run your own successful business from home or work for a label as their in-store stylist.
The process to enroll:
First fill in the form below or call the Professional Styling Academy on 1300 380 133 to express your interest. We will then contact you within 1 office day for a short 5 minute phone interview. If we find that this course is a perfect fit for you and our styling Academy we will then send you out a prospectus with all the information you will need to decide if you wish to enroll.