After a season of giving and spending time with family and friends, it’s time to think about you.
The New Year has arrived and you may already be setting some good intentions and ridding of some bad habits.
Before I jump into suggestions on style changes, I’ve listed few small things you can do to get the momentum going:
- Do a wardrobe overhaul yourself – rid of anything old that you don’t wear anymore. Donate it if it’s still in good condition.
- Join a gym, an exercise class or commit to a daily walk
- Eat healthy – it is a choice
- Book some regular pampering time: a monthly manicure perhaps, hair colour and cut, facial, massage or just a girls night in doing some DIY beauty.
- Learn something new. Start a course, educate yourself, learn a new language. Learning has no age limit.
- Declutter your life beyond your wardrobe. Do a room at a time and donate/recycle what you can.
- Explore a new job/career. Head to the online job portals, apply for courses if you need qualifications. It’s important to be happy at work.
- Volunteer your time. You can speak to a charity or even go through your local council for positions available. This can be truly rewarding.
- Fall in love. Love has no boundaries. Single ladies, get yourself looking and feeling your best, go on a blind date, be brave and put yourself out there. If you’re coupled, try a new restaurant, recreate a special date or book a day trip for a relaxing escape.
- Speaking of, travel somewhere you’ve always wanted to go, maybe Vietnam :). Get that passport or that train ticket and go explore somewhere new.
Now onto my favourite subject! I’d like to invite you to think about your physical self!
If you’ve read my book, “You Are More Than Just Your Bits”, you’ll know that this is my mantra. Reinventing yourself is a mind over matter process but in my work as a personal stylist, I can help renew your style. Oh and style – if you didn’t know already – can be truly life-changing.
Here are some questions to consider:
- How are you feeling these days when you dress?
- Do you love the clothes you wear?
- Are you comfortable in them?
- Has your body shape changed but your clothes haven’t? (i.e. weight gain/loss, post-pregnancy, age).
Seriously – when was the last time you felt amazing in what you were wearing?
Before you ask, no you don’t need a special occasion to feel it; there should be a sprinkle of amazing in your every day style.
So if you are feeling a little tired and a little dated with your current clothes, I hope today’s blog will inspire you to make some personal changes.
At Style with Cindy, I have a talented team of women in Melbourne, Sydney and Queensland all eager to help you reinvent yourself and prepare you for a bigger and brighter 2016!
Here are some of things you might like to consider:
- Book a personal shop
- Book a wardrobe audit
- Join in on a one day workshop with me
- Have your make up or colours done
Now if you’re feeling that you too would like to help people do these exact things, I also run courses through the Professional Styling Academy teaching students how to be a personal or fashion stylist.
Yes, you could also have a career helping others and if you love fashion, it could be your next professional move. And from over a decade of experience, I have to say that it’s wonderful!
So as you can see, reinvention comes in many forms. So what have you got in mind?
For me it’s definitely more time with friends, family and well… facials! 🙂
I will also be reinventing myself in 2016 as it is an exciting time to look at my own style. So let’s ask ourselves, as we are another year older,
- What do we like?
- How do we want to look?
- Where can we start?
Now I would love if you could share thoughts on today’s blog post. What does reinvention mean to you?