Mmmm …what will I wear? This is the two million dollar question.
Why is this such a big question? Or why the drama you ask?
Well, we all like to look good outside our generally five days a week office wear. The end of year work party is an opportunity to showcase a little personality, particularly if you wear a strict corporate code or are in a casual office where jeans and a tee is the norm.
Of course, for some of you, the work party is just another gathering and perhaps just another dress.
But for those of you thinking, I want to shine this year – this blog is for you.
In terms of the style, a cocktail dress is a pretty popular choice but tailored slacks and a nice top can have a very similar impact.
Whether you want to look soft and feminine or sharp and stylish, we’ve put together an array of options for your consideration.
Now we love a touch of the holiday season in your looks so don’t be afraid to try a little glitter, metallic fabrics and working in the green, gold and red hues. I would advise leaving any risqué outfits for another occasion – you don’t want to be the star of the party for all the wrong reasons.
But before the fun starts, let’s get our style ducks into a row.
- There’s always someone making a fool out of themselves at the office Christmas party especially after a few bubbles. Don’t be that person. You have to face your co-workers the next day so remember to be a lady and avoid any drunken shenanigans.
- Ladies, avoid MUTTON! This means if you’re opting for a short dress length, keep the rest of your body demure. Also be careful with this season’s midriff look – it’s a slither of skin, not a chunk, so leave the crop top at home.
- If your dress is simple and perhaps a plain colour, such as a classic LBD try adding a colourful heel or accessories to ramp up the look.
- If you have the time before the party, book in a quick up do or blow wave, just to make a bigger impact on your overall appearance.
- Finally, consider the location and format. Is it lunch, an evening cocktail party or perhaps something more casual? As always, dress for the occasion.
So with the tips and rules out of the way, let’s go shopping!
I need to find something to wear too 🙂